And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, – Ephesians 4:11-12
Despite it being a cornerstone of the Christian life, many, if not most, Christians struggle with discipleship. We don’t know how to do it or even what it looks like in our lives. Our vague notions that we should be discipling someone and we should be discipled never make it past thought and into action because, honestly, we’re not too sure what it is.
In this episode, the very qualified Danny Hinton schools us on what exactly discipleship is and gives us some small, practical steps to take so that we can experience it in our lives.
WHAT WE TALK ABOUT:
- The importance of one-on-one relationships to the Christian faith
- How to ask someone to mentor or disciple you
- What discipleship looks like at home and in the church
- Amazing early 90’s junior high style
Download the MP3 now or look for us on any podcast app!
- Curious to know more about the discipleship and bible study program Danny runs, Downline? Visit https://littlerock.downlineministries.com.
- Need a good church where you can be discipled? We recommend either Oasis Church or Immanuel Baptist Church, both in Little Rock.
- Looking for a simple way to teach your kids (or anyone else) to present the Gospel? Check out The Three Circles.
Don’t be a stranger! We would LOVE to hear from you. Let us know with a rating or review what you think of the podcast. Let us know what topics you’d love to hear about or what you want to hear more of!