In this episode, our guest (and April’s husband!) Derek Wingfield shares some ways to identify and combat the lies we hear from ourselves and from others. Whether they are lies about our self-worth or what we should expect out of life, they all are easy to believe and, yet, can keep you from God’s best for you.
We’ll discuss how to identify the lies of certainty and of labels and how to trust in the truth of God’s Word – because if we’re going to reject lies, we have to replace them with truth!
IN THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- Some common lies we believe about ourselves
- Exactly how God wants us to prosper as we surround ourselves with truth
- The benefits of having godly “truth tellers” in your life
- The good and bad sides of labels
- How to understand the truth presented in the Bible
- Replacing false beliefs with truth
TRUST IN THE TRUTH:
- Matthew 6:14
- Matthew 18
- Mark 11:25
- Ephesians 4:32
- James 5:16
- Galatians 5:17
- Romans 8:2
- 1 John 4:4
- James 4:7
- Deuteronomy 4:8
We hope you love this episode!
Sara & April
Don’t be a stranger! We would LOVE to hear from you. Let us know with a rating or review what you think of the podcast and share the topics you’d love to hear about!